Easily extract data from a damaged RAR file
Roshal ARchive or most commonly called as RAR file helps its users in the data compression, error recovery, and data spanning. Since this type of file is generally used to hold some inter-related files in a secure way, therefore, if it gets corrupted then a great remorseful situation develops. Such types of corruption encounters when you try to extract the RAR archives. The RAR file stops responding or throws various errors as you attempt to extract the corrupt archives. In such conditions, you can deploy the WinRAR Repair software to successfully extract data from the damaged RAR.
Some of the common error messages that gets delivered to the users when the corruption of RAR file happens while extracting are:-
- CRC error: The file, which you are opening might be corrupted or "File open error: invalid CRC"
- Invalid or corrupt authenticity information
- It does not appear to be a valid archive file
- Filename too long
- Unknown format error
- No files to extract
What causes damages to the RAR archives?
- Header corruption- Any damages occurred to the RAR file header will pop up extraction errors
- Virus- Dreadful viruses can also threaten the RAR archives by affecting the RAR file structure
- Incorrect RAR conversion- The RAR files might get corrupt due to inappropriate file conversions
- Partial download- You might also fail to extract the WinRAR files that are partially dowbnloaded or interrupted during the download
- Improper recovery- RAR files also turn corrupt after recovery using some unreliable apps
- Errors during compression-Issues with RAR compression damages the archives leading to the CRC errors
Further reading: Check how to fix the damaged file header by following the link given here: https://www.winrarrepair.net/corrupt-rar-file-header.html
The perfect solution to fix the damaged RAR file
WinRAR Repair is the best-suited software for repairing the WinRAR archive that got damaged due to various factors. The tool is integrated with an advanced scan engine that securely extracts the archives without affecting the original contents. It is also built with an intuitive UI that features an automated repair process. This damaged RAR repair program supports the fixture of RAR files having a size greater than 4GB.
This award-winning utility is capable to repair password-protected RAR file. WinRAR Repair software can easily fix error 17540, CRC errors, and various other RAR extraction errors in a matter of a few clicks. One can install this proficient tool on any edition of Windows OS. Furthermore, all WinRAR versions are well-supported by this program. This broken RAR repair tool is also available in a free trial version.
Simple steps to Fix Corrupted RAR file
Step 1: Launch and open the WinRAR Repair application on the system as illustrated in Figure A.
Figure A: Welcome Screen
Step 2: Select the damaged RAR file to fix.
Step 3: Hit on the "Repair" button to fix the damaged RAR file.
Figure B: Select RAR File
Step 4: Choose the location where you wish to save the repaired RAR file and then click on the "Save" option as illustrated in Figure C.
Figure C: Save the RAR File