How to Extract not Responding WinRAR File?
WinRAR is an efficient and well-known file compression utility on the Windows computer. Using this application, you can compress different files in a single archive file that occupies smaller storage space on the disk. The compressed file is very helpful for efficient use of the hard disk space and also useful to transfer large files over the internet. Many times, we use this application to compress data that cannot be transferred due to its enormous size. If you perform this action frequently, you can face certain problems in the extraction of that compressed files. In some cases, WinRAR stops responding when extracting an archive file after downloading it from the internet.
Reasons for WinRAR application not responding during extraction
- Incomplete Download: The RAR file gets damaged when the download process due to poor internet connectivity, power failure, system shut down, etc. Later, the damaged files might fail to respond when you attempt to extract it. Visit this link to open that file easily: www.winrarrepair.net/file-not-opening.html
- Improper Compression: Improper compression techniques can also make WinRAR stop responding when extracting it. If you use any ordinary application for file compression, it might lead to archive file corruption
- CRC Error: It is one of the common problems, which makes unsuccessful extraction of the compressed RAR files. A CRC value is generated at the time of the creation of a compressed file and this value is compared at the time of extraction of that file. If any mismatch occurs, you will get a CRC error message and cannot extract any information from that file
- Virus threats: Even severe virus and malware threats can affect the compressed RAR files and hence turning them inaccessible
- Bad sectors: The presence of the bad sectors on the storage drive also makes the RAR files unreadable
Whatever might be the reason for which WinRAR not responding when extracting the compressed file, you can use this fix this issue and successfully extract corrupted WinRAR file by utilizing the WinRAR Repair software.
WinRAR Repair software to extract RAR archives
The WinRAR Repair is an excellent tool that can fix ad extract corrupted/damaged WinRAR file, broken RAR archive after unexpected end of the file, virus infection, or any other reason. You can also use this program to repair as well as recover all files and folders from the compressed file. It is been designed to fix RAR files created on different versions of WinRAR (WinRAR 2.00, WinRAR 3.50, WinRAR 3.80, WinRAR 3.90, WinRAR 4.00, WinRAR 4.10, WinRAR 4.20, WinRAR 5.00, WinRAR 5.50, WinRAR 5.60, WinRAR 5.70, etc.) on all major versions of Windows operating system. To fix the WinRAR file on the Windows 7 system, use this link: https://www.winrarrepair.net/windows-7.html.
Note: Click on https://www.winrarrepair.net/fix-read-error-in-rar-files.html and discover the right solution to fix read error with the RAR file.
Simple steps to repair WinRAR not responding when extracting
Step 1: Launch the WinRAR repair utility on your system. The main screen appears as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Select the not-extracting RAR file by using the Browse button.
Step 3: You need to click on the Repair button to trigger the repair on the selected RAR archive.
Figure 2: Select RAR File
Step 3: When the repair operation is complete, you can choose a suitable path to save that RAR file. Click on the Save icon.
Figure 3: Save Repaired RAR File