RAR file is used as a container that encloses different files/folders in compressed format. It is used to transfer bulky files over the internet and is also useful to save memory space on the disk. You can create the RAR archive with different compression tools reducing its total size. To use the received RAR archive, you have to extract first after downloading it. In some cases, you may get an error message called CRC error attempting to extract the RAR archive.
CRC error with RAR files
CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) is an error-detecting code used to check the changes happen data whilst being transferred over the internet. The CRC associated with the RAR file is meant for authentication of data and data integrity. The CRC code from the downloaded WinRAR file is compared with the original, and if a mismatch occurs the following errors arise-
- "File open error: invalid CRC"
- “CRC error: The file, which you are opening might be corrupted."
These CRC errors with the .rar archives make the entire WinRAR file turns inaccessible. It is very disappointing when you encounter a CRC error message on an important RAR file and unable to extract any information from it. This CRC error may be raised when redundant bits are induced to the file or if storage media itself is damaged. Apart from this, there are some other reasons behind the CRC error in RAR file as:
- Incomplete Download: A poor internet connection or other sorts of interruption during the RAR file download process can distort the file contents. distorted. At this point, you can again try downloading the RAR file and see if the error persists
- Improper System Shutdown: Improper shutdown during the extraction of RAR file might also lead to corruption. If the extraction operation is interrupted, you may get a CRC error when you attempt to extract the RAR archives
- Virus Infection: Dreadful viruses can also affect the RAR archives and hence result in CRC errors during RAR file extraction
How to fix CRC error?
The CRC errors with RAR files can be efficiently fixed using the WinRAR Repair software. This application performs thorough scanning on the corrupted RAR after CRC error and securely extracts all the files and folders. This handy application works on different versions of RAR file like WinRAR 2.00, WinRAR 3.50 WinRAR 3.70, WinRAR 2.90, WinRAR 3.80, WinRAR 3.90, WinRAR 4.00, WinRAR 4.20, WinRAR 5.00, WinRAR 5.50, WinRAR 5.60, WinRAR 5.70, etc.
Distinct features of the WinRAR Repair software
- One can utilize this software to fix multipart RAR file that is corrupt or broken
- Fixes damaged WinRAR files from system drives and other storage drives
- Useful in repairing various other RAR errors- unexpected end of file, no files to extract, inknown format error, etc.
- Easily repairs large RAR files that are damaged due to CRC errors
- Offers hassle-free RAR repair alongside a user-friendly interface
- It is also effective to extract data from password-protected RAR files after corruption
- Available in a free demo version
- Runs flexibly on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, etc. To fix RAR file on Windows 7 system, visit this link: www.winrarrepair.net/windows-7.html
Easy steps to fix CRC Errors with RAR FilesStep 1: Download the WinRAR Repair software on your computer. Then, launch it to open its main screen as shown in figure 1.
Figure 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Browse the RAR file showing CRC error and click on the "Repair" button as shown in figure 2.
Figure 2: Select the RAR Archive
Step 3: Now, select the location where you want to save the repaired RAR file and click on the "Save" option.
Figure 3: Save the Repaired RAR Archive