RAR is the most common and popular archive format among computer users to store all your data in a compressed form. Since the compressed files occupy very less space on your system and can be even easily downloaded and shared over the network. However, sometimes corruption makes your WinRAR Zip archive files inaccessible and you might fail to extract any data from it.
Possible reasons behind corruption of WinRAR ZIP archive File
- Severe virus or malware threats can corrupt ZIP file header, in turn, throws error "WinRAR ZIP archive failed" while trying to extract data from it
- A sudden or abrupt system shutdown while extracting data from .zip file or downloading the ZIP file from the internet can result in corruption of WinRAR ZIP file
- The incomplete download process can also damage or corrupt RAR file header
- Improper file format conversion and CRC error are also the most common reasons behind corruption of WinRAR Zip archive file
- Usage unreliable third-party tool to extract data from the archive file can result in the corruption of WinRAR Zip file
- Avoid interruptions while creating and downloading Zip files on the internet
- Never make use of the unauthorized application to open/extract Zip archive file
- Use powerful anti-virus software on your PC
Nevertheless, the WinRAR tool supports a built-in repair feature that can fix ZIP archive corruption. But, if the corruption is severe ZIP archive file then it might fail to resolve the issue. In such situations, you can rely on the WinRAR Repair software- the one-stop solution to fix the damaged or corrupt archive file within a few mouse clicks.
Fixing ZIP archives using the WinRAR Repair software
WinRAR Repair is the expert-recommended app for fixing corrupt or damaged Zip archives within clicks. It provides a completely automated wizard-based interface to repair corrupt Zip files and allows you to extract compressed files such as documents, photos, audio, video, spreadsheets, etc. Simply tap here https://www.winrarrepair.net/extract-corrupted-files.html to extract data from corrupted RAR files. Once the repair process is complete, you can preview the recovered data from the damaged/corrupt Zip file prior to saving on the desired storage location. With the help of this software, one can repair Zip archive files on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista and all major versions of Windows operating systems. Also, learn more about repairing RAR files on Windows 7 machine with the utmost ease.
Also read- Click here https://www.winrarrepair.net/fix-unexpected-end-of-archive-winrar.html to fix unexpected-end-of file error in RAR with ease
Steps to Repair WinRAR Zip Archive File
Step 1: Run the WinRAR Repair software on your computer. The main screen appears as shown in the below figure.
Fig 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Select the corrupted WinRAR Zip archive file by hitting on the Browse icon.
Step 3: Press on the Repair button to trigger the Zip repair process.
Fig 2: Select Corrupted WinRAR Zip Archive File
Step 4: In this step, you need to choose the destination location to save the repaired Zip file.
Step 5: Finally press on the Save button.
Fig 3: Save Repaired WinRAR Zip Archive File