Broken WinRAR Archives
WinRAR files are mainly used to store a large number of files in a compact format. Though it is very convenient to reduce the total size of files on the disk, there exists ample possibility of encountering a broken WinRAR file. If the archive is broken or corrupted due to any reason, the entire file will turn inaccessible. The most common reason for WinRAR file corruption is improper downloading. A compressed file is a collection of several files and it is well structured. Whilst downloading of RAR archive, if the internet connection is lost, there is a great possibility of corruption. WinRAR file may also be broken if the downloading process is interrupted due to system shut down, power surge, etc. You might not be able to open the RAR file upon experiencing these issues.
You may also encounter with broken PST file because of improper compression/extraction operation, sudden termination of WinRAR application, file system error, incorrect file conversions, etc. If there arises discontinuity in compression and extraction operation, it may be damaged. Abrupt termination of the application may lead to corruption of the file header. As a result, the damaged WinRAR files fails to successfully extract. Furthermore, users encounter a CRC error with the RAR file during the extraction.
How to fix broken RAR files?
Severely corrupt or broken RAR files can be easily using this WinRAR Repair software in a quick set of steps. This program is built with an eminent scan algorithm that deep scans the broken RAR files and creates a healthy RAR file. It supports RAR repair in almost all instances of RAR file corruption, damages, or errors. During the repair operation, it does not hamper the original content of the file and restores data according to the original file structure.
- It is very effective to fix large-sized RAR archive after corruption (greater than 4GB)
- Repairs password-protected and severely damaged archive file easily
- Lets you save the fixed RAR archive to any desired location
- Supports till the latest WinRAR versions
- Fixes multi-part RAR files with ease
- The tool is also available on a trial basis
- Compatible with all editions of Windows OS
- Follow this link- www.winrarrepair.net/files-on-windows-8.html to learn in detail regarding RAR file repair on Windows 8 system
- Check out how to repair broken RAR archive in Windows 7 computer using this proficient tool, visit this link: https://www.winrarrepair.net/windows-7.html
How to Open Broken WinRAR Files?
Step 1: Download and install the WinRAR Repair software on your computer. Then double-click on the desktop icon to open its main screen as shown in the below figure.
Fig 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Specify the broken RAR file using the "Browse" option.
Step 3: Press on the "Repair" button to continue.
Fig 2: Select Corrupted WinRAR File
Step 4: Pick a destination location to save repaired file and then click on the "Save" icon.
Fig 3: Save Repaired WinRAR File