Unable to extract RAR Files on Windows 8
RAR is a proprietary file format that is often used for data compression, file spanning, and error recovery. Many people utilize the RAR file to gather multiple files and switch them to ensure that it’s easier to deliver. Compressing large files into RAR versions on Windows 8 reduce the disk space. But, most of the times you might come across certain problems during RAR file extraction. Are you experiencing trouble in extracting the RAR archives? This indicates that the corresponding RAR file is severely damaged.
Possible causes behind damages to the RAR files
- CRC Errors: CRC stands for cyclic redundancy check. Usually, CRC errors occur due to broken RAR files during the download process. You receive an error stating- "CRC failed in filename. The file is corrupt" while extracting the RAR file
- Improper download: Sometimes, there might be chances of incomplete download of the RAR file due to abrupt interruption like power failure or low internet connection, etc.
- Virus infection: At times, deadly viruses and malware could also be the cause behind corruption of RAR files
- Damaged header: If the RAR file header is corrupt then you would eventually fail to extract the RAR archives
- Other reasons: Even formation of the bad sectors on the storage drive, registry corruption, and other RAR errors will create conflicts in extracting the RAR files
Remember: Also, avoid interruption while downloading the RAR file by installing a good download manager and use a powerful antivirus program to remove deadly viruses causing corruption
The best solution to extract RAR files on Windows 8 PC
WinRAR Repair software is the ultimate tool for repairing severely damaged RAR files on Windows 8 computers within a few clicks. This expert-designed software performs a rigorous scan on the damaged RAR file and extracts the RAR archives effortlessly. On the other hand, you can make use of this award-winning tool to fix RAR file associated with a size and regardless of the reason because of the corruption. Further, it is non-destructive and read-only software to fix RAR file on Windows 8 hard drive where RAR files without affecting the original file. With the help of this powerful application, you can even fix multipart RAR file and runs on all latest versions of Windows 10, 7, Vista, XP, 2008, 2003, etc.
Note: Click on www.winrarrepair.net/extract-data-from-password-protected.html to learn about fixing password-protected RAR archives by using this advanced tool in detail.
Steps to Fix Corrupted RAR file on Windows 8
Step 1: Launch the WinRAR Repair tool and install it on your Windows 8 system as illustrated in Figure A.
Figure A: Welcome Screen
Step 2: Select the RAR file that is unable to extract on your computer.
Step 3: Press on the "Repair" button as illustrated in Figure B.
Figure B: Select the RAR File
Step 4: Pick a location where you wish to save the repaired RAR file and then click on the "Save" option as illustrated in Figure C.
Figure C: Save the Repaired RAR File