A most effective way to fix RAR files on Windows 8!!
File compression is a very helpful technique to make it easy to deal with large-sized files. By compressing RAR archives you can transfer them via email with great ease. Moreover, RAR archives are useful when there is no more space available on the storage drive. Besides such a great benefit, a drawback with RAR archives is that they are easily prone to corruption.
Reasons behind corruption to the RAR archives
- Corrupt Header: File header is an important part of any RAR file that is needed by OS to read a file. Anyhow if the header of the RAR file is damaged or corrupt, you would not be able to open the file. Therefore, it is necessary to repair corrupt RAR file header to access information contained in the RAR file
- Storage Drive Corruption: If your Windows 8 hard drive is affected by severe bad sectors, RAR archive is located on this corrupt storage location might also get damaged
- CRC Error: You might receive error messages like “Bad CRC” or “CRC failed in filename. The file is corrupt” when try to unpack downloaded RAR archive. You can go through this page https://www.winrarrepair.net/file-crc-error.html to get assistance for fixing CRC errors
- Improper Compression /Extraction: Often user finds RAR file inaccessible or corrupted due to the use of improper compression and extraction techniques. If WinRAR application is not responding during extraction, follow this link to fix this issue: www.winrarrepair.net/winrar-not-responding-when-extracting.html
- Corruption After Recovery: It’s a commonly observed fact as most of the time RAR file gets corrupted after recovery operation. Therefore, it is important to perform safe retrieval of lost or deleted RAR files with an efficient tool
- Other factors: Dreadful virus, WinRAR application conflicts, registry corruption, RAR errors, etc. are also responsible for the inaccessibility to the RAR files on Windows 8 PC
Fixing Windows 8 RAR files
It is now very simple to repair RAR files on Windows 8 system via the robust tool named WinRAR Repair. This eminent tool is integrated with the powerful repair engine that fixes all the issues with the RAR files. Apart from Windows 8, this program is suitable to work with all other versions of the Windows OS (Windows 10, 7, XP, Vista, and Server editions). The smart repair algorithms generate a replica of source file after fixing all the errors/damages that occurred to the original WinRAR file. To know how to repair RAR files on Windows 7, click on https://www.winrarrepair.net/windows-7.html.
Benefits of using the WinRAR Repair tool
- The software is available in a free demo version
- Performs automated RAR repair
- Offers a simple UI to fix RAR archive
- Fixes CRC errors, unknown format error, and many other RAR errors
- Supports fixture of RAR files from various external storage drives
- Helps to fix encrypted/password protected RAR files
- Well-suited to repair multipart, split, and spanned RAR archives
Steps to fix RAR archive on Windows 8
Step 1: Get the WinRAR Repair application installed on your Windows 8 system. Launch the application to open its main window as shown in figure I.
Figure I: Main Window
Step 2: Select the RAR file for repairing and click on the "Repair" icon as shown in figure II.
Figure II: Choose RAR File
Step 3: Browse and select the folder where you wish to save the repaired RAR file on your Windows 8 system.
Step 4: Now click on the "Save" option to save the fixed RAR file as shown in figure III.
Figure III: Save Fixed RAR File