Corrupt or damaged RAR File Header
RAR files usually get corrupted due to virus attacks and several other factors. These threats alter the fundamental structure of the file, making it unreadable or unresponsive. When such a thing happens, you will fail to extract the RAR archives. You would rather get an error message like:
- Can't extract the file
- CRC failed in filename. The file is corrupt
- Packed data CRC failed in volume name. The volume is corrupt
- Unknown method in filename
- Invalid or corrupt authenticity information
These RAR errors mean that the header structure of the WinRAR file is corrupt or damaged. This usually occurs due to- incomplete download, improper recovery, error while extracting or creating RAR file, virus, etc. Nevertheless, can deal with such kind of problem by making use of the WinRAR Repair software
How to fix RAR header?
WinRAR Repair is one of the best tools to fix RAR (native file format of WinRAR) file format. Like many archive files, format RAR files are capable to contain valuable documents, images, audio, video and other types of files with the utmost ease. It is built-in with an easy-to-use interface that automatedly scans the damaged RAR header and extracts the archives instantly within clicks. You can use this software to repair RAR file of different versions such as v2.0, v2.9, v3.0, v4.0, v5.0, etc.
Must know features of the WinRAR Repair software
- Runs on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP systems
- Fixes spanned RAR files efficiently, visit this link: https://www.winrarrepair.net/spanned-files.html
- It operates in a read-only mode and ensures that original RAR archives are not modified
- Repairs ZIP, ZIPX and RAR archives
- One can make use of this powerful toolkit to fix split RAR archive
- Capable to extract password protected RAR archives
- Helps to resolve CRC errors with RAR files
Easy Steps to Repair RAR File HeaderStep 1: Open the WinRAR Repair software installed on your computer as shown in figure 1.
Figure 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Browse the RAR file whose header is corrupt.
Step 3: Press on the "Repair" button to initiate the RAR repair process.
Figure 2: Select RAR Archive
Step 4: Specify the location where you wish to save the repaired RAR file and click on the "Save" option.
Figure 3: Save Repaired RAR Archive