WinRAR is the most widely used application on Windows to create RAR archives. The main intention behind compressing a huge amounts of data is to reduce the file size making it easier to share it over the internet. However, whilst uploading/downloading archives from the internet and many other occasions, the RAR archives turn corrupt. The damaged RAR archives remain inaccessible even after many attempts.
Following are some common factors that make the RAR files corrupt
- Abrupt system down while extracting RAR archive
- If the file header gets corrupt then you get errors during the RAR extraction
- Severe viruses also affect the RAR files
- Forceful termination of the WinRAR application
- Corruption of Windows registry and formation of bad sectors on the drive
- Improper compression techniques
- Errors during RAR file conversion
WinRAR Repair - Free Tool to Repair Damaged RAR File
WinRAR Repair is the finest utility that can help you in dealing with RAR corruption errors. It is designed using the eminent scan engine that extracts the RAR archives in a simple set of steps. The software automatedly scans the corrupt file and recreates a new RAR file without affecting its original contents. With the aid of this utility, you can also fix and recover RAR files that are password-protected. Even if the corrupt RAR file size is greater than 4GB, this tool can successfully fix it. This advanced RAR repair software is fully compatible with all editions of Windows OS. You can also check out the detailed method to fix the RAR file on a Windows 7 system.
Notable features of corrupt RAR repair software
- It makes it possible to repair split RAR archive file with ease
- Offers great convenience in fixing RAR and ZIP archives
- The software is available in a demo version
- WinRAR Repair tool will efficiently fix all versions of RAR files
- Works with spanned WinRAR archives
- Fix WinRAR archive throwing CRC errors and other RAR errors
Simple steps to repair damaged WinRAR files
Step 1: Open the WinRAR Repair software that is installed on your computer. The home wizard appears as shown in figure a.
Figure a: Home Wizard
Step 2: Select the corrupted WinRAR file you wish to repair and click on the "Repair" option as shown in figure b.
Figure b: Select the RAR File
Step 3: Set the desired location, where you want to save the repaired RAR file and then click on the "Save" option as shown in figure c.
Figure c: Save the Repaired RAR File