Smart Way fix Multipart RAR File
RAR file provides a convenient way to store and transfer the data in a compressed form created on the WinRAR application. It facilitates you to compress and send multiple files in a single file making it quite easier to send. Besides, a compressed RAR archive holding data can reduce the disk space and provides high security. At certain times, RAR archives are split into small files called volumes named multi-volume/multi–part RAR files. Usually, the multipart RAR files are saved with .part1.rar, .part2.rar… or .rar, .r00, .r01 until the last file. Moreover, WinRAR is the most commonly used application to create/extract files in multipart RAR files. This feature enables you to save similar files together making the RAR compression convenient.
Multipart RAR files follow the AES encryption algorithm for data security and enable a few recovery records for repairing RAR files in case of the physical damage. However, these multivolume RAR files can get severely corrupt due to various known or unknown factors. Therewith, you won't be able to open the WinRAR files upon encountering damages to the RAR archives.
Major causes for corruption of multipart RAR files
- Virus Attacks: Though the split RAR archive has high encryption methods, the files present in these archive gets damaged due to severe virus or malware attacks making them unable to open or access RAR files
- Incomplete RAR download: While downloading multipart RAR file from the internet, if there occurs any sort of interruption like sudden system shutdown, or power failure then the RAR get damaged. The partially downloaded RAR files will throw errors during the extraction
- Other Reasons: There might be some other reasons like file system corruption, improper termination of the WinRAR application, software glitches, CRC error, RAR header file corruption, etc making the entire multipart RAR file completely inaccessible
How to fix multipart RAR archives?
The multipart RAR files can be easily fixed via the proficient tool named WinRAR Repair software. Whatsoever might be the cause behind the corruption of the multipart RAR file, this tool can securely extract the RAR files within a couple of mouse clicks. The program is capable to fix corrupt RAR files irrespective of the cause behind the factors that caused corruption.
WinRAR Repair is an award-winning utility that can instantly fix damaged WinRAR files that could hold your treasured pictures, videos, documents, spreadsheets, and other large databases of confidential data. One can employ this advanced software, which comprises the completely automated repair process to repair the multipart RAR file formats including- RAR 1.3, RAR 1.5, RAR 2, RAR 2.9, and RAR 5.
Other useful functionality-
- It ensures that the original RAR file is not altered upon the repair
- Help in fixing the RAR file after invalid RAR file error. Get full details here- http://www.winrarrepair.net/file-after-invalid-rar-file-error.html
- The well-designed UI offers a hassle-free RAR repair
- Can be utilized to repair RAR filename with too long name error with great ease
- The tool runs efficiently on all the latest versions including Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2008, 2003, etc.
Easy steps to repair multipart RAR file
Step 1: Launch the main screen upon installing the WinRAR Repair software on your system, as shown in Figure A.
Figure A: Main Screen
Step 2: Browse the respective multipart RAR file for repair.
Step 3: Click on the "Repair" icon to apply a scan on the selected multipart RAR file.
Figure B: Select the Multipart RAR Archive
Step 4: Specify the location to save a fixed multipart RAR file and click on the "Save" option as shown in Figure C.
Figure C: Save Fixed RAR File