ZIP is one of the widely used file format for saving large numbers of files as a single file. It is an archive file format supports lossless compression technique. With the help of ZIP file, people can compress large numbers of files and save memory space for other data. It saves on system drive with .zip or zipx file extensions. This archive file format is supported by Apple Mac as well as MS Windows operating systems. People preferred to compress their files, so that they can save memory space and also carry all their important files without forgetting anyone of them. It is also used whenever people want to transmit their data over network.
ZIP files can be easily shared over the network, and also send it through emails. Besides these advantages of ZIP files, sometimes people can face issues with their ZIP files. At the time of opening ZIP file, it displays an error message like “bad CRC 884f2221 (should be cc786190)”. This error arises due to the corruption of ZIP file. Once the ZIP file gets damaged, then CRC code of ZIP file gets infected and does not match with its original code. CRC (cyclic redundancy check) is an error deducting code used to check the changes happen data. After encountering such situations, people want to fix ZIP CRC error at any cost because it may contain their important files. For repairing ZIP CRC error, people can take the help of WinRAR Repair application and easily repair damaged ZIP file CRC error within few simple mouse clicks.
Most Common Causes of ZIP File CRC Error:
- Virus and malware attack on system drive can be a reason to corrupt Zip files.
- If the Zip file is not completely downloaded from internet, then it will not work and people will not be able to extract files from these partially downloaded ZIP file and lead to CRC error.
- Using any untrusted third party tool or cracked pirated version of app to extract the files from ZIP file can be a reason of ZIP file damaging because some it may not be able to read the information from the file and corrupt it.
- Header corruption of ZIP file can also be a reason of CRC error because this header contains all basic info about the file.
- Power surge and sudden system shutdown at the time of extracting files from ZIP file process is going on can lead to its damaging.
Features of WinRAR Repair Software:
- WinRAR Repair app is capable of repairing ZIP file which is unable to extract, showing CRC error or damaged, inaccessible, not opening, broken and corrupted ZIP file very easily.
- It does not modify the original ZIP file during repairing process which ensures the safety of the original ZIP file towards more corruption.
- Helps to fix and repair password protected ZIP file CRC error. During repairing process, it does not ask to enter the password of damaged ZIP file.
- Supports to fix ZIP CRC error and extract all the information saved in ZIP file on all the latest versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems such as Windows 10, 8, XP, 7, Vista, Server 2003 and 2008 without any more difficulty. To know more about how to fix ZIP CRC error on Windows 7 systems, check this page: http://www.winrarrepair.net/windows-7.html
Steps to Repair Zip CRC Error:
Step 1: At first, download and install the demo version of WinRAR Repair app and then double click on the desktop icon to open its main screen as shown in below figure.
Fig 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Now, select the WinRAR Zip Archive file by using "Browse" option and click on "Repair" button to continue.
Fig 2: Select Corrupted WinRAR Zip Archive File
Step 3: In this step, you can choose destination location to save repaired file. Use "Browse" option to select the required location and then click on "Save" button.
Fig 3: Save Repaired WinRAR Zip Archive File