“I got a Zip file from as an email attachment. I download it on my Windows 10 system to extract its contents. When I tried to open it by using WinRAR, then I got an error message like “The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid”. I am not able to understand why this error message is displayed. I also tried to download the same ZIP file again, but even then it was not opening and showing some error message. Can anyone tell me resolve can’t open ZIP file Windows 10 computer?”
ZIP is a popular compressed file format used among most of the computer users to save, transfer and encrypt important files from being corrupted. In order to create and unzip a bunch of files from ZIP, there are a number of utilities are available over internet such as WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRAR and various others. Compressing files into ZIP format will reduce the actual file size so that it can be stored in very small memory space. Due to this, it reduces the effort of transferring process over network since, all the files can be sent at as a single ZIP file. Unluckily, there are many instances in which ZIP files become invalid and show error messages that cause loss of files.
In such situations, user can’t open ZIP file Windows 10 system and try to fix it any cost because it may have a number of important files which are required for their daily works. In these painful situations, users can take the help of WinRAR Repair application and easily repair corrupted ZIP file on Windows 10 system just by following few simple instructions. This software is specially designed to repair ZIP file on Windows 10 system with modifying any information of original not opening ZIP files very easily.
Most Common Causes of ZIP File Not Opening Issue:
- CRC error may come into picture while transferring ZIP over network
- ZIP file of its header corruption may also become one of the reason
- Harmful Virus programs may attack to ZIP folder or a single file compressed within ZIP
- Malfunctioning of applications that are used to create / open ZIP archives
- Unsecured third party software, sometimes this also becomes a harmful cause as they dont alllow to open your ZIP file
- Occuring any interuption while downloading have chance to make ZIP file unopened.
Whatever the situations, user needs to utilize this read only WinRAR Repair software. It is one of the most recommended apps to repair invalid ZIP file on Windows 10 laptops and desktops easily. In order to know how to fix invalid RAR file, check this link: http://www.winrarrepair.net/file-after-invalid-rar-file-error.html
Amazing Features of WinRAR Repair Program:
- This tool effortlessly fixes all the errors associated with ZIP archives created with various standard compression tools such as WinZip, WinRAR, 7Zip, and others.
- It allows users to repair ZIP archive on Windows 10 as well as other versions of Microsoft Windows computers such as Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2003 and 2008 computers.
- With the help of this easy to use app, user can repair damaged ZIP file and extract all the content from it without any other difficulty.
- WinRAR Repair tool allows user to repair and fix can’t open ZIP file Windows 10 computer which can be password protected or contains a large number of files easily.
Follow Steps to Fix Can’t Open Zip File on Windows 10:
Step 1: At first, install this software on your computer and open it from the desktop icon. After launching, you will see the "Home Screen" as shown in below figure.
Figure 1: Home Screen
Step 2: In this window, you have to "Browse" the ZIP file that is not extracting and click on the "Repair" button.
Figure 2: Select ZIP File
Step 3: Now you have to choose the location to save the repaired ZIP file using "Browse" button. After selecting the location click on "Save" option as illustrated below.
Figure 3: Save Repaired ZIP File