In several instances, the RAR archives will get damaged or corrupt. There are various known or unknown factors that lead to the corruption of the RAR file. Such instances will not let you access or open the compressed files even after multiple attempts. Nonetheless, it is now easy to fix a broken RAR or ZIP archives via WinRAR Repair software.
How WinRAR Repair tool fixes the broken RAR file?
WinRAR Repair is the advanced application that is integrated with a poweful scan algorithm that resolves corruption and other issues with the RAR file. It is the finest tools offering an automated repair process with a friendly user-interface. Even if the RAR header is broken, this utility rebuilds a healthy RAR file within clicks. This expert-designed app operates in a read-only mode which ensures that original RAR contents are not modified or damaged at any cost.
Listed down are the common reasons for broken RAR archives-
- Interruption while uploading/downloading of some compressed file- Suppose you are downloading any compressed file, while such activity is in progress, the internet connection goes off or the system is abruptly shut down. This will ultimately cause damages to the RAR file. Then when you continue to extract the files, you might receive the error- “The compressed (zip) folder is invalid or corrupted”
- CRC Errors- A checksum value will be added to the ile during RAR compression. This value is compared during the extraction. The RAR extraction will be successful if these values match. Hence, if there is a mismatch then it is an indication of damages that occurred to the RAR archives. At this point, you can experience the CRC error
- Header Corruption- The RAR header carries useful metadata without which the RAR extraction might not be possible. You will fail to open the compressed RAR file if the header of that particular RAR file is damaged
- Other reasons- Formation of the bad sectors, WinRAR application conflicts, Windows registry corruption, corruption after recovery partial/incomplete download operation leads to broken RAR file
Other amazing functionalities of the broken RAR file repair utility
- Fixes data from password-protected RAR archives
- Suitable to fix RAR files with size greater than 4GB
- Restores images, audio, documents, and other media from the compressed archives
- Deals with unexpected end of file error and other RAR errors
- Runs on all editions of Windows operating system
- It works with spanned RAR, multipart RAR and split RAR archives
Simple steps to Fix Corrupted RAR file
Step 1: Install the WinRAR Repair tool on your system.
Figure A: Home Screen
Step 2: Specify the broken RAR file for repair.
Step 3: To mend the damaged RAR file simply click on the "Repair" button as shown in Figure B.
Figure B: Select RAR File
Step 4: Select the target location to save the fixed RAR file and then press on the "Save" option as shown in Figure C.
Figure C: Save Repaired RAR File