Damaged RAR Archive Header File
RAR enables you to store and manage multiple files as a single file in a compressed form. But, sometimes when you try to open the RAR file you might encounter errors like- “WinRAR error the header file is corrupt”. The WinRAR header holds essential information that is necessary to access the files compressed. Any damages or changes to the RAR header will make all the archives inaccessible. You would receive errors in opening the damaged RAR file.
Common reasons behind RAR archive file header corruption
- Incomplete RAR download: Any interruption that occurred during the RAR download process will cause damages to the RAR. Therewith the partially downloaded RAR files remain inaccessible
- Virus attacks: The virus and other malicious threats can damage the WinRAR file header. You might then fail to extract the RAR archives
- Corruption after recovery: Usage of unreliable third-party software to recover RAR file can cause damages to it and then return the RAR file in a corrupt format
In order to overcome this above-mentioned RAR archive header file corruption scenarios, it’s suggested to-
- avoid improperly closing RAR file and make sure that you stop downloading RAR file when you have a low internet connections
- backup valuable RAR files
- use a trustworthy antivirus installed on your PC
- do not frequently change the RAR extensions
The best solution to fix the RAR header
It is now simple to fix the corrupt or damaged RAR files header via the WinRAR Repair software. This expert-designed tool is integrated with the finest algorithms that deeply scans the input RAR file, fix the damages, and securely extracts the compressed archives in quick steps clicks. This software is specially designed to fix inaccessible and damaged RAR archive header files comprising necessary information such as file size, creation date, name of the file and information of the format which is saved an many more. The program can fix RAR files created using RAR 1.3, RAR 1.5, RAR 2, RAR 3, RAR 4, and RAR 5 versions.
- Repairs files that say no files to extract
- Supports password-protected RAR archives
- Built with an interactive UI that offers automated repair
- Runs on all editions of Windows OS
- Fixes the unexpected end of file error
- Works with multipart RAR, split RAR, and spanned RAR files
Note- Even you can use t his tool to repair damaged RAR header files on Windows 10, 8, Vista, XP, 2008, 2003, etc. For more information about RAR repair on Windows 7 PC, follow this link- http://www.winrarrepair.net/windows-7.html.
Steps to Repair RAR Archive after Header Corruption
Step 1: Download and install this WinRAR Repair tool on your system. Open the home screen as shown in the figure below.
Fig 1: Home Screen
Step 2: Browse the RAR file whose header is corrupt. Then press on the "Repair" button to initiate the fix process.
Fig 2: Select RAR File
Step 3: Specify the output folder location to save the fixed RAR file.
Fig 3: Save the RAR File